Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Free account

I mentioned lost post that the game keeps going by teasing me enough to think I might one day be good enough to play this game on a competitive level. Well, it's done a great job recently of just that...

I find myself on my EU account with enough gold to start playing arena. Out the box I manage a respectable run to seven wins with a shaman. I really like shaman and have most of my experience with this hero on the US side. Seven wins give a reward big enough to go again into the arena plus the pack reward. This time I get to play paladin, another favorite of mine (though truth be told I like all the heroes except rogue). I select the thirty cards to be my deck and think I should stream this run. No one watches me play but I do like to stream it anyway. I tend to talk though the turns when I stream and don't play so fast. This causes me to see more options and make better choices. I knew the deck was solid from the start. I had a great mana curve and just enough removal that I had hoped to run to seven again. I had never managed to have back to back runs up to seven, in fact I only had three streaks that high before with one being an eight game run. I really knew the deck was special when I stood at five wins without a loss. The first five were easy with no threat at all by the decks I faced. I was rolling over each so fast they barely had time to say hi before I owned the board and was face rolling.

Game six I ran into another paladin...


To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog